An easy and yummy side dish that’s cheesy, healthy and delicious. Perfect for non vegetable lovers and for using up this year zucchinni harvest.
August is zucchinni season which is fine with me. I love cooking with this prolific and versatile vegetable and have many amazing zucchinni recipes to prove it. Zuchinnis are also really healthy and high in fibre and important nutrients such as vitamin A, C and magnesium. They are great for cooking as their mild taste adds a subtle, sweet flavour to many dishes. This recipe is a new one for me, and has now become one of my favorites.
Making Zucchinni Parmesan
This recipe is very simple. Just slice the zucchinnis and toss in a bowl with oil, vegan parmesan and seasonings. You then place them on a baking sheet and bake until slightly browned and crisp. So easy and so delicious!
For even baking, make sure the zucchinni slices are evenly laid out on the sheet. Then add another topping of vegan parmesan before baking. This will make it even more cheesy and the coating crisp.
Recipes used in this recipe
This recipe is so good that I often eat it straight from the oven as a snack. It also works very well as a side dish Using vegan parmesan keeps the recipe healthy, nutritious and kind and adds some protein as well. It’s also a great way to make use of your crop or gifted crop of summer’s favorite vegetable. Enjoy!
- 2 medium sized zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil plus extra for pan
- 1 teaspoon salt free seasoning of your choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt free seasoning and garlic powder and toss together.
- Place zucchinni slices evenly on a baking sheet and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.