Sweet and nutty, Banana Pecan Muffins are healthy, yummy and satisfying. Serve them plain or with butter and jam, for breakfast or any time you need a break.
The first recipe I learnt to bake was banana bread. I was amazed by how easy the recipe was and how delicious the results. It is still my favorite bake and I still love making and eating it. Happily, making vegan banana bread is just as easy. Traditionally, the recipe is made with walnuts but for this recipe, I decided to use pecans and the result was pretty spectacular.
These muffins are moist and subtley sweet, full of sweet banana flavour. The pecans add nutty flavour and crunch, and make these delicious muffins completely irresistible.
Making Banana Pecan Muffins
The recipe is very easy. You first combine the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Next, combine the wet ingredients, including the slightly mashed banana, in another bowl, and stir well to combine. Then pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and gently fold them together. You need to be careful not to overmix the ingredients as that leads to flat, tough muffins. Just mix until blended and then stop.
The batter is spooned into a greased muffin tin and then baked for 15 minutes. You can test for doneness by pressing lightly on them and seeing if they feel springy. You can also use a tester placed in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, then the muffins are done. Remove muffins and let them cool on a rack.
Delicious Banana Flavour
I love these muffins because they are not too sweet and have an amazing banana flavour. You can eat them plain or with butter and jam, for breakfast or with tea for an afternoon tea break.They can also be frozen for later. Enjoy!
More Vegan Muffins
There’s no need for eggs or animal dairy to make these delicious vegan muffins. For classic favorites to new and flavourful recipes, vegan muffins satisfy every appetite. Here are some more recipes to try:
Banana Pecan Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 chia egg 1 tablespoon chia seed mixed with 3 tablespoons water, let sit for 15 minutes and stir
- 1/3 cup vegan butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly but adequately grease a muffin tin with oil and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped pecans and stir to mix.
- Combine bananas, sugar, chia egg, and melted vegan butter in another large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Fold flour into the banana mixture, and mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are risen, brown and springy to the touch. Test with a tester in the centre of a muffin. If it comes out clean, remove muffins from oven.
- Remove muffins from tin onto a baking rack and let cool.