Nothing is better than eating corn in the summer time. In this recipe frozen corn is mixed into a fritter and fried. Sweet and savory summer deliciousness.
Corn fritters are such a lovely savory summer treat and the good news is that they’re really easy to make. Corn is not only yummy, it’s healthy as well so you can freely indulge often in these delicious fritters!
I use frozen corn for this recipe but you can use fresh cooked corn as well. Just cut it off the ear and use. You can also easily make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour.
How to make corn fritters
Corn fritters are really easy to make. Combine the flour and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add the frozen corn and seasonings and mix well. Shape mixture into 2 1/2 inch fritter and your fritters are ready to fry.
The fritters are pan fried until golden brown. Be sure to press them out until they are even and thin before frying so they will cook in the middle. If you prefer fuller fritters, just put them in the oven for 15 minutes or so after frying.
The fritters are done when they are slightly crisp on the outside and soft yet cooked in the inside. They are best served warm.
I love to serve my corn fritters with a red pepper or hot pepper dipping sauce to accentuate the sweetness of the corn. A yogurt and garlic sauce also tastes great. These delicious fritters are versatile as well, and can be served as an appetizer, a snack or as a light lunch with a salad. Enjoy!
- 1 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed ground and soaked in 3 tablespoons water for 10 minutes
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons Salt free seasoning blend
- Combine the flour and baking powder in aa large bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the soy milk, flax seed and corn. Stir until mixed.
- Add the corn mixture to the flour mixture. Stir together until completely mixed.
- Shape a bit of the batter into 2 1/2-inch flat fritters. Set aside on a platter and shape the rest of the dough.
- Once fritters are formed, heat a little oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot enough to make water drops sizzlsizzle, add 3-4 fritters and fry them, storring for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side.
- Place fried fritters on a clean cloth or paper towel lined plate. Once all are done, blot to remove excess oil.
- Serve fritters hot with your favorite dipping sauce.