Healthy and delicious banana oat pancakes are sure to please. Only three ingredients but so satisfying and yummy!
Simple is often better when it comes to cooking, and what could be simpler than a pancake recipe with only three ingredients? When I found this recipe online, I got very excited. Not only is it sugar and sodium free, its also fast, economical and sounded great. I decided to give it a try and the results were phenomenal.
This super easy recipe for banana oat pancakes consists of just oats, soy milk and banana, plus a little oil for frying. Making them is so easy, needs no special equiptment, and they turn out so deliciously. I added a little stevia and cinnamon to the recipe, and served them with real maple syrup, but they are also great with fresh fruit, fruit preserves and nuts.
Easy to make pancakes
I love cooking with oats. High in protein, affordable and so versatile, oats also give whatever you’re making a slightly sweet and nutlike taste.
These oat pancakes are very easy to make. Just combine the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Blend until smooth in a food processor and you’re done. One thing to make sure of is that the consisitancy is right. You want a thick but pourable batter.
The next step is to preheat your skillet. When frying them, it’s important to cook them over low medium heat. If the heat is too high, your pancakes will stick, even to a non stick pan.
After pouring the batter, spread it out gently with your spatula to create a thin pancake. As it cooks, flatten pancakes slightly with the spatula to insure the cook all the way through. Swirl the pan often to insure they don’t stick. Pancakes should be well browned and easy to swirl around the pan.
Once done, remove from the pan and place pancake on a baking rack for a moment to keep them from getting soggy. Serve while still warm with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Healthy and delicious, banana oat pancakes are a must try. They make a great and easy Valentines Day breakfast or as the centerpiece of any weekend brunch. They even taste great as a filling and satisfying dinner. Enjoy!
Banana Oat Pancake
- 2 medium ripe banana peeled
- 2 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia leaf powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Canola oil for frying
- Maple syrup for topping
- Vegan margarine for topping
- Sliced bananas, berries for topping
- Break apart the bananas into a few pieces and place in a large mixing bowl with the rolled oats.
- Mash banana and stir into oats. Add the soy milk and stir until oats are all soaked. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend until a quite smooth batter has been formed.
- Over low medium high heat, heat a little oil in a nonstick or cast iron frying pan. Use a pastry brush to reduce the oil amount.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Spread out gently with the spatula to create a thin, circle shape.
- Cook for 2 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove pancake from pan and let sit for a moment on a baking rack so it doesn't go soggy.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, vegan butter and fresh fruit.