Tart, sweet and fresh, Cranberry and Orange Sauce, is a great compliment to any festive vegan feast. Made with organic fruit and stevia leaf powder for sweetness.
My favorite holiday side has always been cranberry sauce. It’s sweet yet tart flavour really compliments the traditional heavy fare of the holidays. Even as a vegan it is the perfect side dish and one that adds alot of healthiness and color to the holiday meal.
This cranberry sauce recipe is one my mother would make every Christmas and Thanksgiving. It’s uncooked and quite tart, but really delicious and the perfect compliment to any festive meal. You can also adjust the sweetness according to your personal taste.
Making Cranberry and Orange Sauce
The recipe is very easy. Just wash and chop the oranges roughly. Combine them with the washed cranberries and stevia leaf powder in a food processor. Process until well chopped and combined.
Fresh and Festive
I try to use organic cranberries and oranges, and to make lots of it. Leftovers can be frozen, and it taste great on toast, on sandwiches or over oatmeal. Enjoy and happy holidays!
More Vegan Holiday Side Dishes
Side dishes are really what make a festive dinner special. Here are some yummy vegan sides for you to try and enjoy:
- 2 340 g bags of fresh organic cranberries
- 2 medium size organic oranges
- 1/2-1 teaspoon stevia leaf powder
- Rinse and well drain cranberries.
- Wash the oranges. Roughly chop the oranges and place in a food processor unpeeled. Add the cranberries, 1/2 tsp stevia leaf powder and pulse until well chopped.
- Taste and add more stevia as needed up to 1 teaspoon.
- Remove from processor into a container and chill until serving.